Saturday, July 16, 2011

Like a kid in a candy store :)

Back at the farm in SD, Matt wanted to explore every inch of the old house and various buildings on the property.  Of course, he had the kids in tow. 
What some of you might not know about my husband is that he is a scavenger. A closet packrat.  I do my best to keep it at bay.  Thankfully, I have managed to have most of the stuff moved under the house. 
I am the exact opposite. It makes for some interesting conversations. ;)

 Matt was super excited to go through his Grandfather's old workshop.

DISCLAIMER:

the following pictures will make all mothers, grandmothers, super organized people, neat freaks, and white glove wearers cringe.



I warned you!!! Have no fear, I was right there the whole time. 
Have you ever seen so many things hanging above a workbench that could give you a concussion if it fell on your head???

Matt was rubbing his hands together in excitement..."what can I take???"


Not exactly a play area for children... :)  For Matt, yes!!!


"How did this work again?"


"Babe, it won't all fit in the car.  Just find something small." :)

And he did. They were actually pretty darn cool.
Old, metal cow tags. It doesn't sound cool, I know! Just trust me.
Of course I forgot to take a picture of them!


"Umm, Matt...should you be standing on that????"
He survived, but he couldn't leave without seeing what was above those rafters.
I don't remember...I'm sure more dirt and grim than you could handle!
It is amazing what collects on a farm over the years!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment