If giving a radio interview, here are a few helpful hints to keep
- Make sure to take your 1 yr old with you.
- Don't forget the paci.
- Make sure he has been up since 6am.
- Greet your gracious host with a big smile....keep the smile on
your face, it will help later on when your little one is making all
kinds of noise.
- Do your best to keep your head in the direction of the mike while
hunting for the paci your little one just dropped.
- When your little one drops it on the floor the second time, just let
him down to roam. The room is so small, what could he find?
- Remember, head towards the mike while watching your little one
roam and stick things in his mouth.
- Do your best to keep the smile on your face as your little one
finds an old stand and rattles it continually during the interview.
Make references to Santa and his reindeer.
- Talk a little louder than your 1 yr old.
- Laugh. Times like this make life funny!
- Try your best to remember everything you need to say while
watching your little one try to climb on top of an old computer.
- Be eternally grateful when the interview is over!
- Do your best to let yourself out quietly without trying to knock
anything over. Remember, they are still on air!
- Take a big breath of air and laugh again when you are safely out
of the room!
Whew!! Life with kids!!!!
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Monday, October 21, 2013
When in the car with children.....
- do not give youngest a wooden spoon to play with.
- helmets will be needed.
- happy meal buckets will be used instead.
- youngest will take great pleasure in hitting the buckets of older two and then grunting to receive more
- older two will experiment to find out which dipping sauce youngest likes best.....
- never trust the older two with food for youngest.
- parents of these three might have found it all hysterical.
- couldn't see the road because of laughing too hard....
Made it home safe and sound, well, safe anyway. ;)
Posted by Melissa, Protector of Swordland at 3:47 PM
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Ok, as a former Bio teacher and a lover of all things science, when my seven yr old makes connections that some of my high schoolers couldn't make.......my heart races and my momma sense soars!
Hotrod, Princess and I are beginning our study of nutrition. As we were reviewing atoms and molecules, I was showing Hotrod how to write chemical formulas. In the picture, you can see where I wrote the formulas for water and hydrogen peroxide at the top of the board.
I got up to chase Little Man and when I got back Hotrod had written out the chemical equation for hydrogen peroxide.....I never taught him that. Never mentioned it. It just made logical sense in his head.....wow!
It was a moment that gave me momma shivers!
You can see in the picture, at the bottom of the board, that he has drawn a pic of water on the left and a pic of hydrogen peroxide on the right. He then wrote out the equation. (Yes, that is a two on the far right, not a three.)
Proud momma here!
Posted by Melissa, Protector of Swordland at 12:22 PM
Friday, September 20, 2013
Ok. I have been told, by my closest friends, that you know that I am a type A within five minutes of meeting me. I am not quite sure what vibe I give off, but I know it is there. I don't know how to turn it off.
Just recently, our lovely First Lady came to our Library for various reasons. My children had the privilege of spending some quality time with her. Together, they were trying to figure out a brand new, children's computer. They were having some trouble.
Watch my reaction.....
Calm, proud mom.....watching.....waiting....
.....oh dear....they can't figure it out....should I?....
I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to tell them how to do it. Yes, I was giving direction to our wonderful First Lady.
I just couldn't help myself....:)
Posted by Melissa, Protector of Swordland at 9:55 PM
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
So they are telling me that today is my birthday! They are all so excited!
Me? I not so sure....
Huh....this isn't bad....
Yea, me and my big brother...we're doing the jello thing
And my sister
Have you met my Pappy?
Oh man, this is good stuff!
Can you believe Mom is letting me do this?
Neither can I!
Let's do this again tomorrow!
It's good to be one!
Posted by Melissa, Protector of Swordland at 2:10 PM
Thursday, August 22, 2013
On my last trip home, my sister, grandmother and I took all seven kids Downtown. It was a blast. We rode one trolley. Got stuck. Changed trolleys. Got stuck. Crazy man got loud. Shared one water bottle between seven, hot kids. Finally got off. Had ice cream. Saw the ducks. Almost caused a security issue trying to squeeze six of the seven kids into an old phone booth. It was fun!!
Ok, so this one isn't in the trolley...oh well! :)
Hehe....this is how you make memories!!
Posted by Melissa, Protector of Swordland at 7:57 PM
Friday, July 26, 2013
Once we got home from St. Augustine, we were gone again in 8 days! This time? Omaha, Nebraska and South Dakota! We attended a family reunion in Omaha for one side of Matt's family and then visited the other side of Matt's family in South Dakota. Whew!!! Lots of driving! Lots of great visiting! Apparently , I was too busy visiting, swimming, eating, and keeping track of three kids that I took very few pictures.
Hotrod, Princess and I slipped away for a couple of hours to go to the Duhram Museum. They had a TRex exhibit that, well, we could not miss! It really was fun!
Here is the link!
That is a fierce looking TRex!
Posted by Melissa, Protector of Swordland at 7:43 AM