Monday, July 11, 2011

Heebeejeebees!!!

Last night we had just driven away from the house of friends...
kids in the back seat talking...
Matt talking to me...
It was dark...

I barely felt something tickle my arm...
I brushed it away...

WAIT! THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE CAR WITH US!

I really did not panic.  I assumed that it was a firefly, a June bug, a moth.  I am not scared of bugs.  Well, spiders yes, but come on!

So I turned on the overhead light...

There on my purse sat an inch and a half, dark brown, tree roach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
PULL THE CAR OVER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE IS A ROACH IN THE CAR!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

I jump out of the car and continue screaming like a 16yr old girl.

"GET IT OUT!!!! GET IT OUT!!!! IT'S UNDER MY PURSE!!!!

Yes, I was dancing along with the screaming.

Poor Matt!  He was frantically trying to figure out where this roach was and get it out of the car.

He finally shoved it out and I saw it scurry on the ground.
I quickly jumped in the car and slammed the door to keep it from flying back in.
I spent the rest of the ride home with the heebeejeebees.
I am still getting shivers!!!

There really is not a nastier bug...ugh!

I really didn't think I overreacted, until Hotrod asked, "Mom? Are you afraid of bugs??"
I could hear his confidence in me shatter.
"No, I am not afraid of bugs!! Just roaches!!!"
"Oh."

I think I rocked his world.

1 comment: