Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hotrod turns five

My son, my optimist, Hotrod turns five today!  He woke up this morning to me singing "Happy Birthday".  He then said, "Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! I'm five!!!  I can now run faster than G_________!"  He then continued to list all the things that he could now do because he is five. There is nothing like that feeling of sheer joy and hope of things to come and new adventures. 
On the flip side of that, Matt, the Chief protector of Swordland, also has his bd today.  After I sang to him, he pretty much grunted and went to work his 14hr day.  I guess at 36, with a family to support and raise, and responsibility always over his head, he didn't jump up and say, "Hip Hip Hooray!"  Oh, how life changes!!!  Well, now to go and make cookies for Hotrod!

No comments:

Post a Comment