Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you come in last place in the kid parade???

 Today our town on Planet Swordland had a Push, Pull and Ride kid's parade, which included Santa and goodie bags!  Matt was working so I took the kids.  Hotrod had a choice of his bike or his monster tricycle.  He chose the tricycle, so I managed to load the thing in the trunk of the car and off we went!

Now you have to understand this tricycle.  Hotrod is five, a tall five, and he is just now able to ride it.  I didn't realize that the tires were half flat, and the seat will not stay up.  Keep all this in mind...

I unloaded the trike and the stroller and found our friends on the square.  The kids rode around waiting for it to start. One of Hotrod's many girl friends is A.  She is a beautiful little girl  and enjoys playing with Hotrod.  Well, today her and Hotrod got a little too cozy!!! I was talking with A's momma when I looked over to see A standing on the back of Hotrod's trike catching a ride as if they were on a motorcycle going down the street.  I ran around and had to get pics!  It was so cute!  I think you will agree. :)

 It was finally time to line up behind Santa, and as you can see from the pic, Hotrod is in front right behind Santa....well, that is where we started.  Once all the kids got going, I started pushing Princess in the stroller.  I thought my son was right behind me, when A's momma called my attention to him as he got further and further from the group.  The thing is, he had no clue.  He thought he was doing great and having a blast! But that trike is heavy, the wheels were half flat and he kept getting stuck on the hills.  He never gave up or complained! 

As we were about to round the last corner, the nice lady with the medals, stopped Hotrod and apparently felt sorry for him.  She asked if she could push him, and he informed her that he knew how to pedal! She then said, "Well, you are a winner! Here is your medal!" And put it around his neck.  Now he wasn't finished!!! This was a pity award!!!! My son receiving a pity award!!!

Well, apparently my son has some standards. He looked at her, took off the medal and said, "I am not finished!" He then continued to pedal and finished the parade without complaining or realizing that he was last.  He then went and got his medal!:)

 As you can see from the pics, Hotrod and A then compared medals...

They had fun getting their pics with Santa and getting the candycanes!
Although Hotrod looks really cozy with A, what you can't see is him running or pedaling after a pretty little schoolmate that was there...


This is my favorite one. :)













<><>
<>
<><>
Please notice that there are no other kids around!!!





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment