Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Can"t I have my coffee first?

To say that this morning was challenging would be an understatement.  This whole day really has made me feel like one of those moms in the cartoons that are stretched in two directions trying to grab a kid and catch whatever is falling with the other hand, and shove the door shut with her foot!!

The kids were up at 6:15am this morning. The one morning I needed to sleep till 7am. I was finally sleeping since our trip last week...and the kids were up early. Matt feed them both, tucked them in with me and left for the day.

Well, you can only stay that way for so long.  So I pulled myself up and started to change Princess's diaper. Hotrod had run off to do whatever, and came back with the brand new box of Honeynut size.  Apparently, there was a secret code decoder that he had to show me.

In the process of showing me what the decoder slow ever slow motion...I watched the new box of family size Honeynut Cheerios tip over and fall to the top down.  It would have been nice for it to fall on its side...any side, but no, it landed on the open top.

It was too much and I chose the wrong reaction.  I screamed, not at Hotrod, but in utter exhaustion and frustration.  I made my son cry, so I tried to calm down.  At this point he tried to right the situation by picking up the box...straight up...yes, the rest of the box emptied, to which I did yell at Hotrod to stop.

From my viewpoint of the bed, I only saw the spreading Cheerios, I had no I got out of bed to deal with the situation I saw the whole picture. OH MY.  There was a small hill of Cheerios next to my bed that the other Cheerios were spreading out from.  No was about 7 in. tall.  My shoulders dropped.  There went four bucks!!

So did I immediately help my son in the clean up process? No, of course not...I went and posted it on FB.  What else do we do in the modern age?  We ignore it for a moment, or two, and post it or twitter it, etc. for the sympathy! :) 

The rest of my day got better after lunch...not before, and I finally am feeling like a normal human again after last week!  I had no idea how tightly wound I was!

Such is life!!!!

This was taken after several minutes of Hotrod earnestly trying to pick up.  I took the dustpan and broom to it after I took the picture.


  1. You had to take a picture for evidence later on right?

  2. I have to have something to hold over their heads when they are teenagers, right?? LOL!!