Monday, April 2, 2012

Watch Out for the Student Driver!

It happened the first time Pappy went grocery shopping with us...

I was not prepared for it...

How these changes in life happen...

You just don't see them coming...

Pappy allowed Hotrod to...

to...

PUSH THE CART!!!!!

To say that Hotrod was excited and wide-eyed, well, it was pretty cool!

It added a new level of stress and a level of freedom all at once to my life.

It was interesting.

Now at the grocery store, instead of seeing me telling Hotrod to put his hand on the basket, etc....

I am saying, "Turn left...left, the other left, son." or "Come on, baby, speed it up."

You might even see me sipping an iced coffee while shopping...I have an extra hand now, you know. :)

And Hotrod? He is thrilled with this new experience. He is constantly telling me, "Momma, you don't have to put your hand on the basket. I have it under control."

It is interesting the looks one gets while shopping with your iced coffee and your eldest is pushing the cart behind you...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy that iced coffee you might soon need that extra hand for newest little one. :)

    ReplyDelete